28 Jul TECHNICIAN FOR YACHTS AND MARINAS
Technician for yachts and marinas is a vocation covering all ship and yacht charter operations, safe marina accommodation, maintenance, supply and protection, sailing operations and rental jobs in order to achieve economic performance. In pursuit of this aim, the occupation includes all the activities of planning, preparing, executing and terminating the stay of boats and yachts in the marina, as well as carrying out management and handling of boats and yachts at sea, in order to achieve safe navigation and knowledge of all activities related to boat rental and yachts.
While working, a yacht and marina technician must know how to communicate politely in Croatian and one or more foreign languages (English, Italian, German), be mentally stable, be able to make decisions independently, have a tendency for time work and be able to deal with extraordinary situations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Program tailored and focused on concrete and applicable practical knowledge
- Work in small groups
- Individual approach to each student
- Possibility of employment after graduation
- Possibility to follow the lecture online (Skype, Zoom)
- Possibility to follow classes in Croatian and English
- Favorable price of the program and the possibility of payment in installments
- Possibility of accommodation
- Classes are conducted in an accessible way, with simplified explanations of terminology and processes
- This education aims to transfer the required knowledge, competence and skills to the program participants’, as stated in the STCW Convention
- The program was approved by the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia, which was developed according to the recommendations of the Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) at the European Union
- Upon completion of the program, participants are issued certificates of completion
- On successful completion of the program & oral examination, candidates will be able to work worldwide as a Yacht Engine Officer
COMPETENCIES ACQUIRED BY PARTICIPANTS AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM:
- analyzing the demand for accommodation of boats and yachts in the marina
- analyzing the demand for boat rental
- planning the rental and use of boats and yachts
- planning and organizing the accommodation of boats and yachts on the sea and land berth
- organizing the handover of the chartered vessel
- organizing the stay of crew and passengers in the marina job preparation
- supervising the accommodation of boats and yachts on the sea berth, accommodation of boats and yachts on the dry berth, the stay of the crew and passengers in the marina and the maintenance of yachts and boats on the sea berth, yachts and boats on dry docks and checking the equipment and proper operation of the vessel
- handling and operatng boats and yachts in all sailing conditions
- handling the drive machine
- conducting boat rental business
- preparation, implementation and completion of the stay of boats and yachts in the marina
- participation in sales activities
- leading a team meeting to plan activities
- communicating with marina service users and marina staff
- checking the quality of the marina service according to the valid regulations
- implementation of safety measures, protection of people, infrastructure, environmental measures and national and international regulations on the protection of human health and the environment
- 6 STCW Courses
- 8 Academic Study Units
- Accommodation (Optional)
- Daily breakfast & lunch
- Airport Transfers
- Transfers to and from the accommodation & institute
- Rent a van
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
- Students who want to improve their knowledge gained in previous work experience, including beginners without any experience working in this job
- Professional staff in marinas, reception staff, staff in boat and yacht rental offices, boat leaders category “C”, crew members on yachts and mega-yachts
- To all who want to improve their skills and knowledge
18 months (regular classes)
The price is formed on the basis of established differential exams of previously completed high school classes.
At the end of the program we offer the possibility of free enrollment in the course for the boat leader category c.
ENROLLMENT IN PROGRESS