27 Apr MARITIME NAVIGATOR
Maritime navigator performs navigation and maneuvering of the ship at the entrance and exit of the port, manages navigation and communication systems and aids, works on boarding and disembarking passengers on passenger ships, and loading and unloading cargo on cargo ships, manages ship administration, coordinates the work of the crew on board, manages fire-fighting and rescue equipment, conducts safety and protection procedures for people and goods on board.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Program tailored and focused on concrete and applicable practical knowledge
- Work in small groups
- Individual approach to each student
- Possibility of employment after graduation
- Possibility to follow the lecture online (Skype, Zoom)
- Possibility to follow classes in Croatian and English
- Favorable price of the program and the possibility of payment in installments
- Possibility of accommodation
- Classes are conducted in an accessible way, with simplified explanations of terminology and processes
- This education aims to transfer the required knowledge, competence and skills to the program participants’, as stated in the STCW Convention
- The focus of education is on mastering new ship management techniques and devices that students adopt using computers and nautical simulators.
- The program was approved by the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia, which was developed according to the recommendations of the Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) at the European Union
- Upon completion of the program, participants are issued certificates of completion
- On successful completion of the program & oral examination, candidates will be able to work worldwide as a Deck Officer on yachts up to 3000GT
COMPETENCIES ACQUIRED BY PARTICIPANTS AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM:
- to plan navigation, navigate, determine the position of the ship, conduct navigation in a safe manner
- act in extraordinary circumstances in navigation, handle and operate navigation devices and instruments
- maneuver the ship in all conditions of navigation, conduct meteorological navigation taking into account oceanographic conditions
- organize watchkeeping on the bridge, operate remote controls of the drive machine and machine devices
- plan cargo loading in a safe manner, stack and secure cargo, take care of the cargo during the voyage, unload cargo safely
- take appropriate measures in case of damage to cargo spaces, hatch covers and balancing tanks, handle search and rescue equipment
- implement and supervise the implementation of national and international requirements and regulations on safety of life at sea
- implement international maritime law and national regulations, manage search and rescue operations
- operate electronic and communication devices on board, operate electronic and communication devices on board, keep and control ship’s documents and books
- use fire extinguishers and rescue equipment, handle fire extinguishers and rescue equipment
- maintain fire-fighting equipment, rescue equipment and other equipment, operate and maintain ship equipment
- take care of the safety of the ship’s crew and passengers, perform ship maintenance tasks
- control the trim, stability and stresses of the ship’s structure, manage the transport of dangerous goods
- develop a plan for handling and managing in dangerous situations, to direct and manage the crew of the ship
- develop an emergency and damage control plan for the ship, provide medical care on board
- communicate with service users, service providers, competent institutions and operational staff
- 8 STCW Courses
- 9 Academic Study Units
- Accommodation (Optional)
- Daily breakfast & lunch
- Airport Transfers
- Transfers to and from the accommodation & institute
- Rent a van
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
- Students who want to improve their knowledge gained in previous work experience, including beginners without any experience working in this job
- Seafarers in need of retraining as a seafarer for work on a ship
- To all who want to improve their skills and knowledge
The price is formed on the basis of established differential exams of previously completed high school classes.
At the end of the program, we offer the possibility of employment on a passenger ship.
ENROLLMENT IN PROGRESS